In this course, we establish the basic concepts of sustainability and how it applies to supply chains. There are many supply chains so to make the course relevant to a broader audience we set up the context of the course as a hotel case study. Nonetheless, the frameworks and methodology apply to any industry! You learn about basic social and environmental issues in supply chains and the challenge of trade-offs in pursuing sustainability in procurement.
We also lay the foundation for driving change in an organization by covering stakeholder engagement. This principle applies not just to procurement and not just to sustainability; it is a building block for building trust and gaining insight necessary for successful change.
• Lesson 1: Course overview
• Lesson 2: Procurement Context
• Lesson 3: Triple Bottom Line of Procurement
• Lesson 4: Environmental and Social Issues in Procurement
• Lesson 5: Sustainability Reality and Trade-offs
• Lesson 6: The Stakeholder Imperative